We all know the benefits of being active, but sometimes we need a little help to get started. Move is about supporting you on your journey to get moving. Whether you’re looking for advice to stay motivated, social activities, easy classes or interested in a membership in the Move Hub, our programme offers a range of opportunities which are at the right level for you.
Our Move Hub is installed with the latest power assisted equipment to give users a helping hand and is suitable for people who need support to get moving or those who are recovering from an illness and need support to be more active. The equipment is simple to use and offers a safe and comfortable exercise with an assistive action to help you move for longer. Our staff are on hand to discuss your fitness goals and help you to get started, we’ll also support you throughout your journey.
The Move Hub supports:
- aerobic exercise, which is important to support with every day activities such as walking – improving aerobic fitness has multiple benefits and can reduce the risks of heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure
- muscular strength, which is important for everyday activities such as carrying shopping and household chores – maintaining muscular strength can support you to maintain an independent lifestyle
- balance, which can be improved through regular exercise and can reduce the risk of falls and injury
- flexibility, which is important for a range of every day activities. Good flexibility helps to decrease the risk of musculoskeletal pain and injury
- social wellbeing, which is important for a positive outlook on life – our Move Hub supports social interaction with friendly staff on hand to help you along the way
Monday – 8.00am to 3.00pm and 4.00pm to 7.00pm
Tuesday – 8.00am to 3.00pm and 4.00pm to 7.00pm
Wednesday – 8.00am to 3.00pm and 4.00pm to 6.00pm
Thursday – 8.00am to 3.00pm and 4.00pm to 6.00pm
Friday – 8.00am to 3.00pm and 4.00pm to 6.00pm
Saturday – 9.00am to 1.00pm
Sunday – 9.00am to 1.00pm