Health and safety
- Always refer to the Young Persons Exercise Guidance Chart.
- Only use equipment you have been shown by an instructor.
- Anyone under 16 must carry a program card.
- Anyone under 16 wishing to carry out new exercises or use new equipment must speak to a member of staff first.
- Anyone under 16 is not permitted to use sauna, steam rooms or weights rooms.
- For the safety of yourself and others please do not abuse the equipment, or the facilities provided.
- During busy periods please do not train in groups of more than two people.
- Please ask a member of staff for your program card.
- Always maintain correct posture whilst using the equipment.
- Always exercise within the limits of your own fitness.
- Always make sure the machine settings are correct before you commence an exercise.
- Be considerate of other members whilst using the fitness suite.
- When the fitness suite is busy please limit your training time to no more than 12 minutes per machine.
- Respect staff and other members.
- Please leave the fitness suite to receive or make telephone calls.
- Personal training is not permitted in any facility.
- If you are not actively using a piece of equipment please be mindful of other users wishing to do so.
Food and drink
- Please do not eat food or chew gum within the fitness suite or group exercise class studio.
- It is not recommended to eat a heavy meal before exercise.
- Drinks must be placed in appropriate holder or tables provided.
- We recommend you bring your own drink. Water fountains are available at some sites.
- Please wipe down the machines after use.
- Please be mindful of hand hygiene during your visit. Hand washing and sanitising facilities are provided in our buildings.
- Anyone aged 14 to 15 years may attend specified classes accompanied by a chaperon.
- Junior members classes will be indicated on leisure centre timetables.
- Please do not leave personal belongings unattended anywhere in the building.
- Please use the lockers provided.
- Personal valuables such phones are brought at your own risk.
- Always wear clean, appropriate clothing whilst in the fitness suite.
- Shirts/tops must be worn at all times.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn.
- Aggressive or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated and membership may be suspended.
- Please refrain from using bad language whilst in the facility.
- Terms and conditions must be signed and approved by a parent or guardian before you commence membership.
- All junior members must have an induction prior to using the fitness suite.
- Please be aware we reserve the right to contact the parent or guardian of any young person who is found in breach of the rules.
- Please inform a member of staff about any changes to personal information such as address, phone number or email.
- If you cannot attend your pre booked class or gym session you must cancel your booking online or by contacting the leisure centre a minimum of
12 hours before the start time.
- Management reserve the right to restrict further bookings by repeat offenders.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
|Age range||Cardio||Free weights/functional||Resistance||Smith machine, dual action pulley, leg press|
|11 to 13||Yes||Yes (1:6 ratio)||No||No|
|14 to 15||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
See also: leisure centre terms and conditions