These terms and conditions form part of the booking terms and conditions. Before booking and participating in a session at Strike Bowling, it is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to.
These terms and conditions apply to every member of the party who enters our premises under your booking.
Occasionally, we may be required to amend these terms and conditions and we hereby reserve the right to do so.
General rules relating to the centre and strike bowling activities
- Please have your booking confirmation ready when you arrive at the Strike Bowl reception, which is located at the main entrance of the building. Failure to arrive on time could result in losing your booking slot and the total amount paid.
- You should comply with all reasonable instructions given by members of staff in relation to users conduct and the use of centre.
- Participants must arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to their booked start time and come bowling ready with appropriate footwear.
- By entering our leisure centres, users agree to the use of CCTV monitoring for training, health and safety and security purposes.
- Photography is not permitted due to data protection reasons.
- Users must treat the building and any equipment with respect.
- All damage within the facility must be reported to a member of staff.
- Users must behave in a considerate and polite manner to all staff and other customers. Users must not swear or act in any way which others may find offensive, abusive or inappropriate.
- Only food purchased at the centre may be consumed on the premises.
- Guide, hearing, and assistance dogs are welcome within the leisure centre.
- All children under eleven years old must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times. A parent or guardian aged over 18 years old must sign these terms and conditions.
- Children aged eleven years and over will only be admitted to the facility when a parent or guardian aged over 18 years old has signed these terms and conditions.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by an over 18 after 7.00pm due to the sale of alcohol.
Health and safety
- If an individual has any medical conditions or injuries which may affect their ability to safely participate in any activities, they must speak to their doctor before participating.
- Children or adults who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not participate in any activities for at least 48 hours.
- It is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before participating in any activities where applicable.
- The rules and instructions given by members of staff together with those displayed on signage within the facility must be always adhered to.
- Specific area and/or activities may have their own rules, and these must be always adhered to.
- All activities can contain a degree of physical exertion and there may be a risk of injury associated with specific activities.
- Participants should use reasonable caution when using the facilities and not participate in activities outside of their ability.
- Participants must not behave in an unsafe manner which may cause injury to themselves and/or others.
- Flat shoes are required for bowling by participants. You can wear your own shoes providing they are flat and are not, sandals, open toed shoes, wedges or heels. Bowling shoes are available if you don’t have suitable footwear.
- Bowling shoes provided by the leisure centre must be returned in an acceptable condition. Failure to return bowling shoes or returning them in an unacceptable condition, may result in your booking rights being removed and / or, a charge to cover the cost of a replacement pair.
- We have a wide variety of bowling ball weights and sizes so everyone can enjoy a game. Balls range from 6lbs to 15lbs. The lightweight balls have smaller finger holes for children.
- Customers may use the ramps and lane bumpers where appropriate. The ramps are suitable for wheelchair users.
- All spillages must be reported to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- All accidents must be reported to a member of staff.
- Concerns regarding the behaviour of other participants must be reported to a member of staff.
- Those visiting or using our facilities must not do so under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Sharp objects must not be brought in any activity area. Please use the lockers provided where appropriate.
- Those participating in any activities must ensure that they wash their hands before their session starts.
- Food, drink or chewing gum can be taken into the permitted areas only.
- Food which falls onto the floor should be picked/wiped up as soon as possible.
- Please use the toilets for nappy changing. Place nappies in the correct bins provided.
Limitation of liability
- We are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft to any property belonging to any visitors and/or participants unless caused by the negligence of our staff.
- We are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of vehicles parked in the centre car park or elsewhere within the premises of the centre. All contents left in vehicles are at the owner’s risk.
- We encourage lost property to be handed into our reception. We will keep any lost property for 14 days. Those that have lost a personal item are asked to report this to us so that we can assist.