These payment terms and conditions form part of your membership terms and conditions. Therefore, before signing up, it is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to. They relate to the membership terms and conditions only. All additional activities that are outside the scope of your membership will incur additional fees.
Paying for your membership
You can choose how you pay for your membership with us, by selecting one of the following options:
- Annual membership: you will be required to pay for 12 months in advance.
- Monthly membership (12 month contract): a direct debt will be set up with your bank. You will be required to pay a pro-rata initial payment. Subsequent payments will then come out of your bank on the 1st working day of each month. You will be tied into a 12 month contract, which will automatically renew.
- Monthly memberships (non-contract): a direct debit will be set up with your bank. You will be required to pay a pro-rata initial payment. Subsequent payments will then come out of your bank on the 1st working day of each month. There will be no ongoing contract.
Making payments for a thrive Junior Membership
- The parent or guardian that entered into this contract must be the person that makes payments towards the membership.
- Eligibility for the thrive Junior Membership will automatically end when the member reaches the age of 16. At this point, you will be required to purchase a new membership for the young person and pay the appropriate fees. It is the responsibility of the paying adult to instruct the leisure centre to upgrade the membership or cancel the membership.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than 30 days, we will implement our debt management policy and you will be denied access to the facilities until the amount due has been paid in full.
- You must inform us of any change to your personal details.
- Annual memberships purchased at discounted rates are non-refundable.
- If your membership is terminated, you will not be entitled to a refund of any monthly membership charges already paid.
- We may increase the fees of monthly memberships at any time by providing you with 30 days written notice. This will not affect your minimum contract length.
- If you purchase a membership following any previous period or periods of membership, you will be required to pay the appropriate fees for new members.