Get your goggles and beach towels ready as free swimming is back this half term holiday.
Starting on Saturday, 28 October and running until Sunday 5 November all young people aged 18 and under can swim for free during general swimming, fun and inflatable sessions in any of our pools.
To qualify, swimmers need to have a thrive card (terms and conditions apply). Make sure you bring yours along or apply online in advance. Visit Leisure Hub and join online.
Check out the swimming timetable and find out what’s available at your local pool.
Don’t forget young people can still swim for free at weekends as well so why not pop along and give it a go this weekend!
Terms and conditions free swimming autumn 2023
- Free swimming is available to people 18 years and under.
- Normal pool admission and supervision policy applies.
- Free swimming is only available from Saturday 28 October to Sunday 5 November 2023.
- Offer is available at the following pools: Newton Aycliffe, Woodhouse Close, Teesdale, Freeman’s Quay, Chester-le-Street, Wolsingham, The Louisa Centre, Consett and Spennymoor Leisure Centres.
- Offer only applicable for general swim, fun sessions, inflatable sessions, and waves, slide and splash (Spennymoor only) in both the main and small pool.
- Free thrive cards given to all concessions
- Excludes lane swims/adult swim.
- No bookings are necessary, first come first served at the pools.
- Only one session per day per person.
- No cash alternative is available.
- Not available on Bank Holidays.
- Free swimming is available to County Durham residents only.
- Customers must apply for a thrive card to be eligible for free swimming.