Please read the following important terms and conditions before you book a session at the Abbey Adventure Area, Jump zone and/or Tag Arena at Abbey Leisure Centre. It is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to.
These terms and conditions set out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities
- our legal rights and responsibilities
- certain key information required by law
In this agreement:
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Durham County Council
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site book a session at Abbey Adventure
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or any bookings you have made, please contact us by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at Abbey Leisure Centre, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5DQ
- calling us on 03000 266 443 (our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 9.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9.00am to 5.00pm)
If you would like these terms and conditions in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- If you make a booking on our site, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
- When making a booking on our site, you also agree to be legally bound by:
All of the above information forms part of these terms and conditions, as though set out in full here.
Your privacy and personal information
View our privacy notice. Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our privacy notice, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
Booking a session
- Bookings can only be made on the hour.
- Each booking lasts up to two hours.
- Create or use your existing thrive account to book online.
- Select the appropriate age related ticket for each attendee.
- Review all terms and conditions.
- Present your email confirmation on arrival to reception who will provide socks and a tag wristband, if applicable.
- Bring your thrive card along to your visit. If you don’t have one we will collect a few details from you at reception.
- Review all terms and conditions.
- You can purchase your socks and tag wristbands, if you need them, from reception or reuse your own from a previous visit.
When you finish making your booking, we will acknowledge it with a confirmation email. This email means we have accepted your booking. At this point:
- a legally binding agreement will be in place between you and us
- we will provide the services as agreed during the online booking process
We may contact you to say that we do not accept your booking. This is typically for the following reasons:
- we cannot carry out the services (this may be because, for example, we have a shortage of staff)
- we cannot authorise your payment
- you are not allowed to buy the services from us
- we have to close the facility or building due to any unforeseen circumstances
Right to cancel your booking and this agreement
- You have the right to cancel your booking and therefore this agreement within seven days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after seven days from the day that you book your session and a booking confirmation email is received.
- To exercise the right to cancel your booking and this agreement, you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (eg a letter sent by post or email) using the contact details at the top of this page.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel your booking and this agreement, within the seven days cancellation period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- If you cancel your booking session(s) after the seven day cancellation period, your booking will be non-refundable.
- We will allow bookings to be transferred to a different date if we are given at least 48 hours’ written notice.
Providing the services
- We warrant that the services provided under these terms and conditions will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions where necessary.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to sometimes cancel bookings. Where this occurs, the session will be rearranged at no additional cost or a refund will be issued if an alternative date cannot be agreed.
- You warrant and represent to us that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding agreements
- the information provided in your booking is accurate and complete
- you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as a consumer and not in the course of a business
- you are at least 18 years of age
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the booking is accepted.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the agreement during the cancellation period.
Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Your legal rights are set out under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
End of the agreement
- If this agreement is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this agreement.
Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the agreement was formed
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses
- losses to non-consumers
Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this agreement has any right to enforce any term of this agreement.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the services we have provided or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
- Make a complaint online.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to this agreement. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.