Please read the following important terms and conditions before you book a session at Strike. It is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to, as they form part of your booking.
Occasionally, we may be required to amend these terms and conditions and we hereby reserve the right to do so.
These terms and conditions set out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities
- our legal rights and responsibilities
- certain key information required by law
In this agreement:
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Durham County Council
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to book a session at Strike
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or any booking you have made, please contact us by telephone or email using the details for Peterlee Leisure Centre. If you would like these terms and conditions in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using these contact details.
- Booking a session at Strike constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. In addition, your continued access and use of our facilities constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- When making a booking, you also agree to be legally bound by:
- our website terms and conditions and anything referred to in them (if you make a booking online)
- the Strike bowling terms and conditions
- the Leisure Hub terms and conditions
All of the above form part of these terms and conditions, as though set out in full here.
Your privacy and personal information
View our privacy notice. Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our privacy notice, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how you contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of personal information.
Booking a session
We have set out how a legally binding agreement between you and us is made.
- A booking at Strike can either be made online or in person.
- Each session lasts for 10 minutes per person per game (ie if two people book two games, the session length would be 40 minutes).
- To book a session online, simply book a game of ten pin bowling. It is important to read and check your booking carefully before submitting it. Your booking will then be acknowledged via email.
- If you are unable to book a session online, a member of the team at Peterlee Leisure Centre will assist you to book a session in person.
- All you have to do is visit the leisure centre, review the relevant terms and conditions and pay for your session. Once you have paid for your session, you will receive a printed confirmation ticket.
Once you have received either an acknowledgement email or printed confirmation ticket:
- a legally binding agreement will be in place between you and us
- we will provide the services as agreed during the booking process
We may contact you to say that we do not accept your booking. This is typically for the following reasons:
- we cannot carry out the services (this may be because, for example, we have a shortage of staff)
- we cannot authorise your payment
- you are not allowed to buy the services from us
- we have to close the facility or building due to any foreseen circumstances
- You have the right to cancel your booking and therefore this agreement within seven days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after seven days from the day that you book your session and either a booking confirmation email or printed ticket is received.
- To exercise the right to cancel your booking and this agreement, you must inform us within seven days of your booking by a clear statement (eg a letter sent by post or email) using the contact details of the Peterlee Leisure Centre.
- If you cancel your booking within seven days, we will reimburse all payments received from you.
- If your booking is cancelled outside of the seven day cancellation period, your booking will be non-refundable.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel your booking and this agreement, within the seven days cancellation period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- If you cancel your booking session(s) after the seven day cancellation period, your booking will be non-refundable.
- Where possible, we will allow bookings to be transferred to a different date if we are given at least 48 hours’ written notice.
Providing the services
- We warrant that the services provided under the terms and conditions will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions where necessary.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to sometimes cancel bookings. Where this occurs, the session will be rearranged at no additional cost, or a refund will be issued if an alternative date cannot be agreed.
- You warrant and represent to us that:
- a legally binding agreement will be in place between you and us
- the information provided in your booking form is accurate and complete
- you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as a consumer and not in the course of a business
- you are at least 18 years of age
- We accept all major credit cards. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for the services is secure by using an encrypted secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part, any failure by us to comply with this agreement or our privacy notice or breach by us of our duties under applicable laws, we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the booking is accepted.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the agreement during the cancellation period.
Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Your legal rights are set out under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
End of the agreement
- If this agreement is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this agreement.
Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the agreement was formed
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses
- losses to non-consumers
Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this agreement has any right to enforce any term of this agreement.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the services we have provided or any other matter, please contact Peterlee Leisure Centre as soon as possible.
- View our Complaints policy
- The laws of England and Wales apply to this agreement. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England Wales.