Get involved and celebrate National Fitness Day with us!
We are offering a range of free and discounted activities across our centres, plus a free seven day pass when you register between Monday 18 and Sunday 24 September (terms and conditions apply).
Whether you’re a gym lover, fitness class fanatic, swimmer, or are brand new to exercise, we’ve got something for you to get involved in.
National Fitness Day prize draw
As a bonus to taking part, everyone who registers for an activity during our National Fitness Day celebrations will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a free membership!
Find out how to take part below and get involved with the nation’s celebration of fitness!
Terms and conditions
- The promotion is only available to any customer who attends an activity as part of our National Fitness Day campaign 18 to 24 September.
- Applies to thrive and Move memberships only.
- No cash alternative is available.
- The membership will be valid for 12 months.
- Normal membership terms and conditions will apply.
Here’s how you can take part
To claim a thrive active National Fitness Day seven day pass you can sign up online at our Leisure Hub or call into your local leisure centre.
This pass is available to anyone aged 11 and over.
(thrive membership terms and conditions and restrictions may apply)
What you need to do next
Once you have signed up, you will be sent a confirmation email. Bring this email along to your chosen leisure centre to collect your membership card.
We will contact with you to arrange your ‘welcome to thrive and fundamentals’ appointment or you can visit your chosen centre to get started.
A little taste of what we have to offer!
With your seven day pass here are some of the free and discounted activities you can take part in.
Once you have signed up you can log into your account at our Leisure Hub to view and book all our exercise classes, including aqua classes within your consecutive seven day pass. (All exercise classes are subject to availability.)
Why not check out some of the classes we have highlight below.
Abbey Leisure Centre – Wednesday 20 September
- Move seated Pilates – 12 noon – perfect class to complement our thrive Move Hub membership!
Seaham Leisure Centre – Tuesday 19 September
- Circuit class – 9.30am – a take it at your own pace fitness class
- LESMILLS Grit Strength – 6.00pm to 6.30pm
- LESMILLS Grit Cardio – 6.30pm to 7.00pm – test your fitness in this fast class
Spennymoor Leisure Centre – Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Early morning circuit class – 6.30am to 7.00am – a great way to start your day! Whether a beginner or regular exerciser you can adapt the circuit to suit you.
Peterlee Leisure Centre – various days and times
- SKILLX – is a sport inspired fitness class that takes place in the heart of the gym. Get to know the kit and your bodies capabilities with this endless variety class.
You can also book a facility activity at a discounted price – check out our activities page.
Our pools are the perfect place if you want to improve your fitness or just take a leisurely swim. See our timetable information for general swim and lane swimming sessions.
Whether you’re a beginner or need some help with swimming, our lessons can be a great way to develop your confidence in the water. Join us for a free taster session.
11 to15 year old swim lesson taster sessions:
- 18 September – Wolsingham Leisure Centre – 7.00pm to 7.30pm
Adult swim lesson taster sessions:
- 19 September – Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre – 9.00am to 9.45am
- 21 September – Woodhouse Close Leisure Centre – 2.00pm to 2.45pm
- 22 September – Teesdale Leisure Centre – 9.00am to 9.45am
Call one of our leisure centres directly to book onto these taster sessions.
Spaces at these sessions are limited.
Move Hub at Abbey Leisure Centre
The Move Hub is perfect for those looking to start a fitness journey in a gentle way. Whether you are recovering from injury, wish to get in shape, improve mobility, tone up or improve strength.
You can use the Move Hub with your seven day pass once you have completed a welcome to thrive and fundamentals appointment.
You can find out more about the Move Hub and its opening times at Abbey Leisure Centre.
If you’d like to move more, get out and about, enjoy the outdoors, improve your mental health and wellbeing or make some new friends why not try a Move activity or join a Move programme.
Young people age between 11 and 16 can also get involved and experience the benefits of our newly launched junior thrive active memberships.
- access to age appropriate activities in the gym at your chosen leisure centre, including an induction and personal fitness plans
- age appropriate classes at your chosen leisure centre and the ability to book seven days in advance
- swimming at any of our leisure centres that have a pool
- discounts on other activities such as court hire
If want to keep enjoying the benefits of being a thrive active member we offer a range of membership types to suit everyone.
Once your seven day pass expires you can find out about our memberships offer or speak to a member of staff to discuss the best option for you.
Already a member?
Why not encourage a friend to take out the free National Fitness Day seven day pass. During those seven days show them all the benefits of being a thrive active member and enjoy working out together.
If they join after the seven days, you’ll get a free month’s membership.