Please read the following important terms and conditions before you book a soft play and/or Tag session. It is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to. Occasionally, we may be required to amend these terms and conditions and we hereby reserve the right to do so.
These terms and conditions set out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities
- our legal rights and responsibilities
- certain key information required by law
In this agreement:
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Durham County Council
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to book a session at Peterlee Leisure Centre
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or any bookings you have made, please contact Peterlee Leisure Centre by telephone or email. If you would like these terms and conditions in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using these contact details.
- If you make a booking on our site, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. In addition, your continued access and use of our facilities constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- When making a booking, you also agree to be legally bound by:
All of the above form part of these terms and conditions, as though set out in full here.
Your privacy and personal information
View our privacy notice. Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our privacy notice, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how you contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of personal information.
Booking a session
- You can book a session at one of our soft plays in person or online.
- Each session can only be made on the hour and lasts up to two hours.
- All sessions must be booked via your existing thrive account. If you do not have a thrive account, you must create one.
- It is important to read and check your booking carefully before submitting it. Your booking will then be acknowledged through email.
- When you arrive at the relevant leisure centre, you must present your email confirmation on arrival to reception. You will then be issued with a tag wristband (if applicable).
- If you are unable to book a session online, a member of the team at one of our leisure centres will help to book a session in person.
- Upon arrival, you must present your thrive card. If you do not have one, a member of staff will create one for you at reception. You can then use this account for all future bookings.
- Once you have reviewed the relevant terms and conditions, you can pay for your session(s) together with any socks and tag wristbands (if applicable). You may reuse your own socks and/or tag wristbands from a previous visit.
- Once your purchase has been made, you will receive a printed confirmation ticket.
Once you have received either an acknowledgment email or printed confirmation ticket:
- a legally binding agreement will be in place between us and you
- we will provide the services as agreed during the booking process.
We may contact you to say that we do not accept your booking. This is typically for the following reasons:
- we cannot carry out the services (this may be because, for example, we have a shortage of staff)
- we cannot authorise your payment
- you are not allowed to buy the services from us
- we have to close the facility or building due to any unforeseen circumstances
Right to cancel your booking and this agreement
- You have the right to cancel your booking and therefore this agreement within seven days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after seven days from the day that you book your session and a booking confirmation email or printed confirmation ticket is received.
- To exercise the right to cancel your booking and this agreement, you must inform us of your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email) using the contact details of the leisure centre where the booking is placed.
- If you are unable to attend your original booking, this may be transferred to a more suitable date as long as we receive 48 hours’ notice.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel your booking and this agreement, within the seven days cancellation period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- If you cancel your booking after the seven day cancellation period, your booking will be non-refundable.
- We will allow booking to be transferred to a different date if we are given at lest 48 hours’ written notice.
Providing the services
- We warrant that the services provided under these terms and conditions will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions where necessary.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to sometimes cancel bookings. Where this occurs, the session will be rearranged at no additional cost, or a refund will be issued if an alternative date cannot be agreed.
- You warrant and represent to us that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding agreements
- the information provided in your booking is accurate and complete
- you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as a consumer and not in the course of a business
- you are at least 18 years of age
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for the services is secure by using an encrypted secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part, any failure by us to comply with this agreement or our Privacy Notice (see clause 2) or breach by us of our duties under applicable laws, we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- You credit card or debit card will only be charged when the booking is accepted.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the agreement during the cancellation period.
Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Your legal rights are set out under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact your leisure centre where the booking is made
- visit Citizens Advice or call 0808 223 1133
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
End of the agreement
- If this agreement is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this agreement.
Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or person injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the agreement was formed
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses
- losses to non-consumers
Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this agreement has any right to enforce any term of this agreement.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the services we have provided or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to this agreement. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.