These facility terms and conditions form part of all thrive and Move hub membership terms and conditions. Before using the facilities, it is important that you check that the terms do not include anything you are not willing to agree to.
These terms and conditions apply to all users and visitors of the facilities.
We reserve the right to prevent any user and/or visitor entering the facilities and may ask any person to leave, if we believe that they are not adhering to these terms and conditions.
Occasionally, we may be required to amend these terms and conditions and we hereby reserve the right to do so.
General rules and regulations relating to the entire centres
- Users and visitors must comply with all reasonable instructions given by members of staff in relation to users conduct and the use of centres.
- We have created a set of rules for the following: the gym, fitness classes, move hubs and swimming. These are provided to all users to ensure their safety and enjoyment. A copy of these rules are displayed at each facility. They must be complied with at all times and form part of these terms and conditions.
- Our ‘Welcome to thrive’ video is available on the leisure centre terms and conditions page. All thrive and Move members must watch this video prior to using our facilities.
- It is important that all users and visitors are aware of and adhere to our policies and procedures which are displayed at the reception within all centres.
- Centre specific policies, regulations and guidance are provided by each specific centre. Users and visitors must agree to and adhere to all policies, regulations, and guidance.
- Users and visitors must treat the building and any equipment with respect.
- Users must use the equipment and facilities in accordance with the advice given by centre staff and/or any notices on the premises.
- It is vital that users and visitors do not misuse the equipment or facilities of the centre. Any user or visitor that negligently causes any damage shall be charged an appropriate repair fee.
- Users must behave in a considerate and polite manner to all staff and other customers. Users must not swear or act in any way which others may find offensive, abusive or inappropriate.
- All damage within the facility must be reported to a member of staff.
- Photography is not permitted due to data protection reasons.
- Only food purchased at the centre may be consumed on the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the facility.
- Guide, hearing, and assistance dogs are welcome within the leisure centres.
- Users and guests are asked to store personal belongings and valuables in the lockers provided.
- Lockers may be subject to a charge.
- No large bags should be brought into training areas for health and safety reasons unless this is agreed by management in advance.
- Appropriate clean clothing and footwear must be worn at all times in the centre(s).
- We reserve the right to hold private functions and events in parts of the centre(s) from time to time and will advise users and visitors in advance on the centre display boards if any changes in opening hours or alterations to the centre schedule to accommodate such functions.
- It is at the discretion of the centre management team to close any of the facilities or limit their usage, should the centre venue be used for major events, refurbishment or emergency repairs/maintenance. No refund(s) will be given in such circumstances and the management team shall endeavour to give reasonable notice of any change, lengthening or shortening of such hours.
- All children under eight years old must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Children aged eight years and over will only be admitted to the facility when a parent or guardian aged over 18 years old has signed any applicable terms and conditions.
- Children aged eight years and over will only be permitted to use age appropriate facilities.
- Young people aged between 11 and 15 years must be supervised by a parent or guardian (who is a thrive active member) at all times when attending the gym outside of junior membership access times. This is only available for young people who purchase a concession membership.
Health and safety
- If an individual has any medical conditions or injuries which may affect their ability to safely participate in any activities, they must speak to their doctor before participating.
- Children or adults who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not participate in any activities for at least 48 hours.
- Users must not use the leisure centre facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment.
- Users must not use the leisure centre facilities whilst suffering from any physical ailments such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health and safety of another person.
- The rules and instructions given by members of staff and displayed on signage within the facility must be followed at all times.
- Specific area and/or activities may have their own rules and these must be followed at all times.
- All activities within the facility can contain a degree of physical exertion and there may be a risk of injury associated with specific activities.
- Participants should use reasonable caution when using the facilities and not participate in activities outside their ability.
- Participants must not behave in an unsafe manner which may cause injury to themselves and/or others.
- Where applicable, safety briefings and gym appointments must be attended before participating in any activities. Individuals are not exempt if they have previously participated in a safety briefing.
- All spillages must be reported to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- All accidents must be reported to a member of staff.
- Concerns regarding the behaviour of other participants must be reported to someone on reception.
- Those visiting or using our facilities must not do so under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Sharp objects must not be brought onto our facilities.
- Those participating in any activities must ensure that they wash their hands before their session starts.
- No food, drink of chewing gum should be taken into any of the activity areas.
- Food which falls onto the floor should be picked/wiped up as soon as possible.
- Where possible, toilets should be used to change children’s nappies. The correct bins should be used.
Limitation of Liability
- We are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft to any property belonging to any visitors and/or participants unless caused by the negligence of our staff.
- We are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of vehicles parked in the centre car park or elsewhere within the premises of the centre. All contents left in vehicles are at the owner’s risk.
- We encourage lost property to be handed into our reception. We will keep any lost property for 14 days. After this period, items will be donated to a local charity. Those that have lost a personal item are asked to report this to us so that we can assist.
Rules specific to classes
A full list of class rules form part of our facility terms and conditions. These can also be viewed within the facility.
Rules specific to the gym
- Members under 16 years of age may use equipment which has been prescribed by a trained member of the fitness team. Specific thrive active junior members rules apply. These can also be viewed within the facility.
- Only equipment shown by a trained instructor and added to a member’s programme card may be used. When attending the gym, members must always keep their programme card with them.
- Members who turn 16 must attend a programme review and be shown how to use additional equipment before use.
- Anyone wishing to use the fitness suite must view our ‘Welcome to thrive’ video on the leisure centre terms and conditions page and attend an initial thrive Fundamentals appointment prior to use.
- Limited fitness classes are included within a thrive Active Junior membership, where applicable. Management may specify certain programmes, classes and activities where thrive Active Junior members may participate without adult supervision. Fitness classes vary and may change.
- A full list of gym rules relating to all users is available at each centre, which form part of our facility terms and conditions.
Rules specific to swimming
- It is essential that everyone attending one of our pools familiarises themselves with the pool rules and inform lifeguards if there is any information relating to the safe use of the pool which might assist in managing the safety of all pool users prior to use.
- Surfaces in the pool area are always wet, please take care and always walk slowly.
- A full list of pool rules is available at each centre, which form part of our facility terms and conditions.
- Users or supervising adults must read our policies and procedures, relating to the supervision of children, sauna use. Health and Safety around the pool posters are also displayed within the centres. Users and their supervising adult(s) must adhere to these policies and procedures.
- Outdoor shoes must not be worn on poolside or in wet changing areas. Non marking soles must be worn in all activity areas.
- Unless exempt, users should not wear earrings, body piercing, rings, bracelets, necklaces, or any other kind of jewellery whilst participating in a swimming session.
- To ensure the safety of users, long hair is to be tied back, or a swim cap ought to be worn during swimming sessions.
- Swimwear must be appropriate for the activity. Females must wear a full swimming costume and males must wear swim shorts or trunks – board/surf shorts are not recommended as these restrict movement and cause drag.
- Users are required to shower and use the toilet facilities prior to entering the swimming pool.
- Users should not use the facilities whilst suffering from any of the following:
- Infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment.
- Any physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use of the facilities may be detrimental to the health, safety, or physical condition of another user.
- A user who has suffered from sickness and or diarrhoea must not swim until symptom free for 48 hours. If a user has been diagnosed with cryptosporidiosis, they should not use swimming pools for 14 days after symptoms have resolved.
- If a learner feels unwell during their swimming sessions, they should alert their swimming teacher immediately.
Rules specific to Move Hubs
A full list of Move Hub rules is available at each centre, which form part of our facility terms and conditions.